Monday, December 16, 2013

Nexus 5 is the best smartphone on the market. That's why - Macworld

Profilo Google+

Lorenzo Pallets
December 16, 2013

600 5 heroes Nexus Nexus 5 is the best smartphone on the market.'s why

Yes. You read that right. There is no iPhone 5s that takes. Of course, I would not even dream of comparing the technical sophistication with which aluminum and glass are shaped to create the Apple smartphone. But I must admit, this piece of plastic manufactured by LG Directive on Google is not alone in his sobriety, beautiful, but also powerful. If the software is really making a difference, Android 4.4 on Nexus iOS 5 is better than any 7. Here is why.

This is nothing new my passion for Android. A little over a year ago I had resisted buying a Nexus 7, sold some time after switching to a mini iPad. A month ago I was in his hands an iPhone 4S that I always seemed slower, and especially an operating system that I could not please me. I knew that the GUI Ive hides a great potential , and I am aware that you have done an outstanding job developing an operating system such as that in a few months. But this does not mean that iOS 7 is not the operating system that did it for me.

So you can only imagine my happy surprise when I discovered that Google had opened the sale of Nexus 5 on Google Play Store . With only 349 € (plus ten Euros to the cost of inspection) your phone from LG was in his hands.

Nexus 5 is not the phone better built on the market. The white version, in particular, has a plastic back that is not pleasant to touch, and glossy plastic sides have been created to collect fingerprints and scratches. From whatever side you look at it, Nexus 5 is a phone without personality. Anonymous. But this is not necessarily a bad thing, considering that it is only of the window that opens on Android. The display of LG is shining, the colors are intense, and thanks to the narrow frame around the display, 5 “screen does not even seem gigantic. Even for those who, like myself, was accustomed to the 3.5-inch iPhone.

If there was a neat freak, to write this piece, begin to talk about the Snapdragon processor and RAM assembling Nexus 5. I’m not a big fan of technical specifications. What matters is that the phone weighs little, has a battery that has no problem to arrive in the evening and is as fast as a missile (and yes, it already has the hardware that allows wireless charging gaining a basis consistent with the standard Qi).

Image Press 600 5 009 1280x874 Nexus Nexus 5 is the best smartphone on the market.'s why

What makes the difference, as I said in the introduction, however, is not the plastic body of the Nexus 5, but Android. 5 Nexus is the first Android 4.4 phone to mount KitKat in its stock form. This means that the Nexus 5 is the Android hard and pure developed by Google without the annoying nonsense that Samsung, HTC and LG like the same place in the operating system of Mountain view.

features of Android 4.4 that make this phone better than the iPhone features that are not found in the wet dreams of nerds Androidiani. I do not care to see the battery consumption minute by minute during the day, so as not crazy the idea of ??spending hours digging in the Android settings . That’s what (in my humble opinion) makes it the best Android on Nexus mobile operating system.


Google Now

Google voice search answers questions unlikely. Who is the president of the United States? How far is Rome from where I am? Set an alarm for half past seven. Functions are also present on iOS, but if you use the Google voice search in English, you can call the search without touching the phone, simply saying Ok Google Now , while you’re on the home device .

But if, like me, you’re not so interested in this feature, however, you can not help but appreciate the smart card system Google Now. The phone, thanks to your Google account, learn to know you. After setting the address of the home and to work, and suggested that I move with public transport, Now Google suggests to me at every moment How long I will need to get home or get to work, showing me the quickest way to do it.

Amazon sent me a package? Google Now add a card that allows me to trace the shipment. The month is over? That’s how I have walked miles on foot.

Last month I went to the Apple Store in Lonato del Garda. Arrived at the scene, Google Now offered me directions to return home (by car – because he understood that I was not arrived at the scene by public transport) suggesting I endorse the site of shopping center where is the Apple Store, because is a website visited by many in this place .

Today Notification Center in iOS 7 can not even remotely be compared with the wealth of information that can be obtained by scrolling left from the home of KitKat . you like a football team? That’s all the news on matches. Have you visited a site often lately? Here’s the updates on that page. Do you have a band that you like and often you are looking for on Google? Here’s the release date of their next album.

Brin and Page wanted to create a search engine that would provide results before you start your search. Now with Google seem to have succeeded.


Keyboard

Writing on a touch screen is not always a pleasure. I consider myself a skilled hitter of digital keyboards, but the good people like Steve Ballmer in 2007 found that a physical keyboard can not even be compared to that of a virtual iPhone. Android, however, has a solution so simple and functional that one wonders why it is not already added on iOS .

This is the slide-out keyboard. Instead of having to beat every single letter on your keyboard, simply place your finger on the first letter and light sliding on the following points. The system recognizes the points where the finger has slowed and changed direction, and processes the word you wanted to write.

learn the keyboard. For real. To the point that even suggests the next word that you may want to write, based on all the text you typed on the phone.



Nexus 5 is the best smartphone on the market. That's why - Macworld

No comments:

Post a Comment